When our family made some serious diet changes last year we had to find dessert alternatives. Thankfully we found these!
Earlier this year we saw chocolate rice crispy cereal on sale so we decided to purchase some. Once we got home I realized that we would probably never eat this as a cereal which led to the idea of rice crispy treats.
Our first batch was the typical recipe with some added pieces of chocolate mixed into it. Thanks to my amazing sister in law Ariel the recipe has morphed into a truly delicious indulgence! They have become one of our favorite desserts.
These treats are very easy to make and your friends will not even notice that they are gluten and dairy free. They are the perfect treat to bring to your next gathering.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you buy something through my link, I may get a small share of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Chocolate Lovers Rice Crispy Treats
6 cups Chocolate Rice Crispies – We used these. You could also use regular rice crispies or your gluten free rice crispy of choice
1 pkg Marshmallows (10 0z.)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Dairy free Chocolate chips
1. Use coconut oil to grease a large pan. My most recent batch filled one 3 quart dish, a large cookie sheet works great as well.
2. Prepare your ingredients. You need to first melt your chocolate chips. You can do this by using a double broiler or in the microwave. For simplicity sake I used the microwave.
3. In a large pot over low heat melt the marshmallows in the coconut oil. Stir marshmallows to help them melt evenly.
4. Once marshmallows have a creamy constancy stir in chocolate and cocoa powder. Stir until combined.
5. Remove pot from heat and add in your rice crispies. Then mix. Be ready for a bit of an arm work out to make sure the cereal is well coated.
6. Press mixture into your prepared dish.
These are ready to enjoy right away!
What is your favorite treat to indulge in? If you make these chocolaty delights I would love to hear what you think.
This recipe can also be found on the Allergy Free Thursday Linky party.